The F3 Fantom® dissolvable ball is a hybrid composite design, utilizing advanced lightweight, high strength materials to optimize high-pressure sealing performance, reliability, and dissolvability. The F3 Fantom® is available in 1/16” increments from 0.875” to 4.500” and has a specific gravity range of 2.018, the F3 Fantom® has breaking pressures in excess of 10,000 psi throughout the size range.
Unlike many “dissolvable” ball technologies, the F3 Fantom® dissolves when exposed to common frac and formation fluids - no special fluids or operator intervention required. Dissolution is dependent of the fluid chemistry, concentration, temperature and ball diameter. The chart below shows dissolution rates in 3% KCl @ 90 ˚F of 1.0” and 2.5” ball for 90 hours and 160 hours, respectively.
- High compressive strenghts resist extrusion into the seat bore
- Offers long-term "on-seat" performance in higher temperature applications
- Compatible with all of Peak Completions' product offerings
- Acid or fluid additives not required
- Saves time and money on completions
- Manufactured to strictest tolerance, +/- .005"
- Specific gravity: 2.018
- Standard ball sizes from 0.875" - 4.500"
- Custom sizes available upon request